Our Values & Ethos
We believe in 3 core principles, each building on the one before:
- Keeping everyone SAFE
- Helping everyone to be HAPPY and REGULATED
- Helping everyone to LEARN and PROGRESS
At Hillcrest, we nurture a love of reading to empower the children to unlock the full wonders of the curriculum, supporting them to unleash their creativity and champion their independence, helping them to achieve their full potential.
We aim for us all, as learners, to:
- Feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates success.
- Feel validated and confident in expressing their views and emotions.
- Understand and respect diversity.
- Develop a sense of self-esteem: be well-balanced and healthy individuals.
- Experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all.
- Develop a curious mind and ask questions.
- Be independent thinkers / learners who are able to seek solutions in creatively, co-ordinated and co-operative ways.
- Be able to listen and communicate responses showing consideration to others.
- Be polite and courteous when communicating.
- Be proactive in our responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking ‘real life’ with our learning.