Hillcrest’s Text Linked Curriculum (TLC) is very precious to us! Our dedicated staff team has spent many, many hours creating and developing a truly inspirational and bespoke curriculum with reading at its heart.
To promote this love of reading, our curriculum bases each learning experience around key quality texts that are carefully chosen, with activities designed to make links between concepts, enabling learners to maximise and reach their potential.
Our dedicated staff ensure that the curriculum exceeds all of our statutory obligations, whilst providing a broad and balanced learning experience for our pupils, complying with your duties in the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014. We make the curriculum accessible for those with disabilities or SEN by adapting whole class teaching topics to be stage-appropriate.
For more information about Hillcrest's curriculum, explore the links on this page or contact Mr Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"Kensuke's Kingdom" by Michael Morpurgo "The Many Worlds of Albie Bright" by Christopher Edge
We are very proud of our curriculum and we believe that it is one that:
- Instils a love of reading
- Is rewarding to teach
- Is fun to learn
- Provides an exciting and creative experience
- Produces a learning environment that resounds and echoes with learning
- Encourages independent thought
- Meets the needs and interests of all learners
- Enthuses pupils and parents alike
- Encourages a cross-curricular approach
- Encourages the creation of displays that embody the learning journey
- Enables pupils to make excellent progress because they are supported and cared for individually and their opinions are valued.